lunes, 7 de febrero de 2011

To the Date of Today

Valentines day is coming up.  Which reminds me I have to send out some of my cards.  Not hallmark (cause I can't afford that), but the lovely little elementary school cards.  I love those and wish that tradition could carry on through school into adulthood.  If everyone had a list of all their friends and gave them cards and candy!  I like it and vote it should be a requirement.  We'll see how that works out...

Updates for me are similar to what they always are, running, working, and no dating :)  I was able to work every day last week, and the week before a lot.  So that is good news, I just hope I can keep that string of good luck.  I've been applying to lots of jobs, but nothing yet.  I really have been considering the  peace corps as a viable option for my future.  It's adventure for a 2 years and 3 months guaranteed!   I'm still milling around with that one in my head.  The future is still cloudy, let's just leave it at that.

There are some solid things I can look forward to in the future, including a half marathon and 1 week on a houseboat in Shasta with the family.  That is gonna be way fun. On the running side of things from the first of the year I have ran a total of 54 miles! I've only missed a few days and most have been on the treadmill, but when it gets warmer I will get out there! I've upped my mileage a bit though, because I've been watching Biggest Loser when I run.  When the trainers yell at the participants I think of it as me and it makes me push myself! Love it! I've also been working on the splits after running, I don't know why, but I just like being flexible, has to be from all those years of dance when I was little.

Last night I finally learned how to play the card game Bang! I've heard of it a couple times when I went to Provo recently, but never had the chance to play it.  It's like playing Mafia, but you need the actual cards to play.  It takes awhile to get the instructions and card uses down, but it's a really fun game when the speed of play picks up!  I guess I need to add that to my list of games to eventually have in my life.  Monopoly was obviously already number one on my list of games :)

I might be going home for a weekend to see my friend Tammy's parents get baptized in a few weeks! That will be really exciting.  The road trip in it of itself will be exciting as well! Hopefully will have some pictures for that. I think I'm gonna start carrying around a disposable camera since mine died.  Just something to have in your bag all the time to snap the shot, but not worry about breaking it! Excellent plan!

Espero que todos en mi vida les vayan bien y les quiero mucho!

1 comentario:

Kristina dijo...

Oh. My. Heck. That's all my students played in Peru. EVERY night! Bang!